The Land Remembers - A Story of a Farm and It's Household

farmasi undipThe story of this farm family brings the reader a intimate glimpse into the sights, smells, and feelings of a 1930's Ridge high Farm.
This is a story that makes you assume...I have been there, smelled the earth, felt the soil, and lived a day with Ben Logan the youngest of three son's of a driftless ridge farm family.
His weaving of this piece of historical past is extra of being educated by story telling then just a journal of his life. Logan brings you into his world with a skillful description of life that many authors attempt for however eludes them.
I relived my own boyhood with his " we felt the mushy powdered soil follow our dew coated feet as we lead the cows to the morning pasture" I did this! When I learn that I immediately flashed to those squishy toes caked in fantastic Iowa top soil, and the coolness of the night dew water combined with the talcum powder wonderful soil overlaying my bare feet. I had to close the book for a minute and relive these Summer season days and recollections. Ben, does this magical weaving all through the whole e-book.
He describes the work, the weather, the meals, the night, and the household we grow to know with a all the way down to earth method that features each reader as an intimate participating member to be included in his memoir.
This ebook does not drag or lavatory down at all. Each chapter is written and introduced without fancy words or descriptions, however yet educates the reader in a manner that one would pay dearly for formal instruction.farmakodinamik
I read this slowly, in order for me to shut the chapter, shut my eyes, and develop into the little boy that was being described. I lived each small detail that Ben described, and felt that the story was written just for me.
Ben presently lives on the household farm of his youth, and writes and speaks about this period of household farming and life in this southwestern corner of Wisconsin. Seldom Seen Farm is way visited by the hundreds of readers of this guide, and every of them always says that the e book was written about them.
This is a should read book for these close to the land and want to experience first hand the life of this farming family

Post a Comment

0 Comments